hawk

hawk

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Freedom!

I feel like a Narc magnet. Not only is my complete family narcissist but at work. They can see you coming you a mile away, victims of abuse, empathetic humans. We are like a wounded seal swimming in shark infested waters.  They might start out with a sad story to test your empathy.  They may also shower you with compliments, telling you what a great job you are doing. No one has ever done your job as well as you. They will praise you, your skills and work ethic to your face but triangulate using another person to point out all your flaws. They don't get their hands dirty. The focus and anger is on that other person who seems to be pointing out flaws. This way you will cone to them looking for support but all you are doing is giving them narcissistic supply. They are feeding on your pain and anger because they orchestrated the whole thing. They will just sit back and watch the show. Narcissist love drama, if there is none they will create it. .  Not only will the narcissist pit you against that person; but he will also pit that same person against you, triangulation.  When you FINALLY realize what's going on things are real strained and tense with that other person.  You have to work harder to gain trust and credibility rebuild bridges that were torn down before they were built. This is the time you stop feeding supply to the narcissist. He then turns on you because you are no longer useful. Just like the family narcissist you may experience Narc rage. You also come to the realization that you don't have to take this from him and you leave the job and ah the sigh of relief when you have your FREEDOM!!!  Now to prepare yourself for the next chapter of your life. Now how do we make sure we are not shark bait or Narc bait?  It will take a lot of prayer, beware of those telling you a sad story that pulls on your heart strings. I'm not suggesting become cold hearted but be Leary it may be a snare for your soul. Be wary of those who compliment you profusely. Consider both of these as red flags. Also do not open up about your personal life. Keep your pain, sorrow, likes and dislikes to yourself. Maintain confidence, self conscienceness can be taken as weakness. Remember they will spot you way before you spot them!  I only know this because I have made all of these mistakes and I am hoping to learn from them.  

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. At this point , I'm just focusing on not becoming a total recluse. I used to be so outgoing and loved to be around people. But now, I don't even want to be bothered with them, unless they are longtime friends. And I'm slow with every new person I meet face to face. Since I have been in recovery, I have even given some longtime friends the axe. Now that I have boundaries, everyone ain't so great anymore. Its a new happiness I have found! A happiness chosen and controlled by God and myself....so different from what I used to live! I pray you are blessed with the same and more, Mrs. Your journey will be wonderful , I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Christian-translation.com, wow you get lots of extra bonus points for doing scriptures by
    yourself. I don't know if I'd have the motivation to do it if I didn't have a hubby who was so good
    about doing Christian translation services. So impressive!
    Gospel translation
    translate spanish to english
    spanish to english translation
    french translation

    ReplyDelete